The tennis section are very proud of our relationship with both the local and wider sporting community and offer members, their family and guests the opportunity to enjoy our facilities 365 days a year. We have 3 floodlit astro courts and five grass courts
We also host the award winning Liverpool International Tennis Tournament. The LITT is the longest running and largest tennis exhibition in Europe and features both legends and stars of the future. Past tournaments have featured the likes of Novak Djokovic, John McEnroe, Greg Rusedski, Martina Navratilova and Martina Hingis.
The ITT features a junior coaching session that previously achieved a Guinness World Record when 683 local school children enjoyed a days programme of tennis activities.
The tennis section has a number of age and ability events included within our calendar ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy our sport.
For more information, please visit the tennis section’s own website at www.liverpoolcc-tennis.co.uk.
As we return to our new ‘normal’ there are a number of opportunities to regain your fitness (if you had any in the first place) and tone up your ‘beach ready’ abs and glutes.The tennis section, in conjunction with our coaching partners We Do Tennis, are offering a variety of age and ability appropriate sessions that are open to members their families and friends and we hope that you will join us on court this summer.
- If you are looking to distract your little darlings from their IPad, laptop, IPhone, Nintendo Switch or some other work of the devil, then why not sign them up for ‘Youth Start‘ and LTA sponsored programme that costs £34.99 for 6 weeks coaching by an LTA qualified coach. Those attending will receive a T-shirt, tennis racket and tennis balls. Sessions are held throughout the week after school and start from 21st April.
- We also offer junior sessions on Saturday mornings; 9:15 – 10:00 for 5-8 year olds, 10:00 – 11:00 for 9,10 11 year olds and 11:00 – 12:00 for 12-16 year olds. Sessions cost £22.50 per month and equipment is available if required..
- The more experienced (older) players have sessions on a Thursday evening, 6:00 – 7:15 for beginners or returning players and 7:15 – 8:30 for the more experienced looking to hone their skills or those who just want to show off. Senior sessions cost £35.00 a month. Bring your own bat.
- If you just want to get out of the house for an hour or two then we have social tennis every Saturday afternoon from 2:00 – 4:00 and all members, their families and friends are invited to join us. The tennis may not be of the highest standard (apologies to those who attend) but the conversation and humour most certainly is. No need to book, just show up.
- If you just want to swing a bat with a family member or friend then please remember that our courts need to be booked in advance. Court use is free to club members and if you want to make a booking please visit www.clubspark.lta.org.uk and register. If you have any problems feel free to give me a call on 07984 547173.
Further details of all of the above coached sessions are available at www.wedotennis.co.uk/liverpool-cc where you are also able to reserve places
So what are you waiting for -the courts have just been refurbished, let’s get playing!